EazyPaper Accuracy Test
What's the use of a formatting program if it's not accurate? We've tested all the style guides' sample references and now you can too:
Step 1: Install EazyPaper
You are testing the real thing, and not a carefully crafted demo. Don't worry, you can uninstall EazyPaper after this test and it'll remove itself from your computer.
Step 2: Import the test references into EazyPaper
- Click the Select button to select some sample references
- Press Ctrl+C to copy them
- Open Word, and click the EazyPaper tab. Then click the Paste Reference button as shown in Figure 1. If EazyPaper gives you a Welcome screen, fill it out once and it won't bother you again.
Figure 1: How to import references into EazyPaper
- Click through the imported references in EazyPaper, and visually check them to the original source to see that they are identical down to the last character. You should see something like Figure 2.
Figure 2: Test results of importing references
Step 3: Now for the real test
- Select the format you want to exhaustively test.
- Select APA in the format dropdown box as shown in Figure 3. You might also want to check Show all fields to make the visual check easier.
Figure 3: Choose a format to test
- Copy and paste any set of reference you wish. If you find a discrepancy in your tests, let us know. No one has so far. The last time we did this painstaking test was EazyPaper 7.6 on November 10, 2012.